Pomegranate offers a lot of healthy benefits to all those who regularly consume this awesome fruit of health pearls. It is as delicious as much as it is healthy, making it one of the most favorite and well-loved fruits by many people all over the world. The most important benefit of the fruit is that is helps the people fight off prostate cancer and maintain a good heart health.Here listed some of the amazing health benefits of pomegranate juice for men
Here is the reason why every man must include this food in his diet. Pomegranate juice benefits for men are quite immeasurable. If you are a man, reading this article, it is best that you start to include this fruit in your diet and if you are a woman then encourage the men in your life – your father, partner, brothers and friends – to include this remarkable fruit as well.
If you are not familiar with what the pomegranate health benefits are, we have provided you with a list of the top 10 health benefits of pomegranate juice for men. In this article we have mentioned only the top ten benefits of the fruit but there are many more feathers to the hat of pomegranate benefits to men.
Top 10 Health Benefits Of Pomegranate Juice For Men
1. Fights Prostate And Lung Cancer
Perhaps the most well-known among the pomegranate juice benefits is the fact that it helps in the prevention and treatment of prostate and lung cancer. Proven by many studies, pomegranate extracts have the powerful ability to slow down the reproduction of prostate cancer cells by causing the cells to commit apoptosis, a type of cellular suicide where the cancerous cell kills itself.
The fruit also contains ellagitannins which fight off the growth of new blood vessels needed for nourishing more prostate cancer tumors. It also has the same effects on inhibiting the development of lung cancer.
2. Good For People With Arthritis
Pomegranates are helpful for people with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis since they prevent damage to the cartilage of your knee joints. For rheumatoid arthritis patients, it helps reduce inflammation and joint damage too. It also helps in suppressing mast cells and basophils which are critical factors for developing inflammatory diseases.
3. Decreases Blood Pressure And Cholesterol Levels
Several studies show that one of the pomegranate juice benefits is lowering a person’s bad cholesterol levels or the LDLs.
It also helps prevent plaque build-up in the arteries. Moreover, people who drink 50 ml of pomegranate juice daily have lower systolic blood pressure up to 5%.
4. Reduction Of Type 2 Diabetes Risk
Drinking pomegranate juice is beneficial to reduce the risk of acquiring type 2 diabetes. If you are already a diabetic patient, it is still helpful in a way that it reduces your risk to develop atherosclerosis.
5. Improves Brain Function And Reduces Risk For Alzheimer’s Disease
Pomegranate juice contains polyphenols that are said to provide protection from the development of Alzheimer’s disease. A study was conducted where groups of mice were fed with sugar water and pomegranate juice. The group assigned to the pomegranate juice treatment had an improved comprehension when learning tasks. Moreover, these mice that drank pomegranate juice was able to have 50% less accumulation of a particular protein which experts believed to have a significant role in Alzheimer’s disease development.
6. Provides A Good Dental Care
Pomegranate health benefits include proper care for your dental area too. It helps reduce the effects of dental plaques as well as protects you from a lot of oral diseases.
7. Helps In Erectile Dysfunction
Did you know that pomegranates are a symbol of fertility? A study found out those men who are suffering from mild to moderate erectile dysfunction have experienced improvement in their condition after drinking juice made from pomegranate. Some studies conducted on animals have the same results too as researchers found out that the antioxidants found in the fruit help improve erectile dysfunction if taken regularly.
8. Improves Heart Health
One of the best effects of pomegranate for a man’s health is its ability to improve heart condition and health. This fruit is certainly good for your heart as it helps inhibit platelet activity which in turn decreases the risk for a cardiovascular disease. Patients who already have a coronary heart disease improve their stress-induced myocardial ischemia by only drinking pomegranate juice daily for three consecutive months.
9. Faster Recovery From Strenuous Exercise
Those men who are taking pomegranate juice after workouts are known to improve their isometric strength in just 2 to 3 days of strenuous and vigorous exercise and workout schedule.
Pomegranate juice and extracts are helpful in improving one’s immune system.
It supports your immune system’s antimicrobial, antioxidants and antimalarial capabilities.
Other Benefits Of Pomegranate
Pomegranate juice benefits for men are not only limited to the things mentioned above. As said earlier, pomegranate is a fruit wonder which offers many more uses and benefits to mankind. Other advantages of pomegranate include the following:
- Fights off bacterial and fungal infections.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Prevents occurrence of anemia.
- Treats diarrhea and dysentery.
- Helps improve digestion.
- Regenerates cartilage.
- Excellent anti-aging agent.
- Helps heal scars.
- Provides protection from the sun.
- Good source of vitamin C.
- Rejuvenates dry skin.
- Treats dry and frizzy hair.
- Helpful in a pimple and acne treatment.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Use for treatment of hair loss.
- Perfect remedy for stomach complaints.
- Provides a more glowing skin.
- Aside from being beneficial to men, women too can take advantage of pomegranates. For women, it helps prevent breast cancer too.
Important Things To Remember
- Do not drink pomegranate juice if you have a cough, influenza, constipation or any phlegmatic conditions.
- Monitor your blood pressure levels carefully as the lowering effect of the fruit added to your medication may result in a dangerously low blood pressure.
- People with asthma and plant allergies should avoid the fruit as they are prone to developing an allergic reaction to pomegranate.
- Consult your doctor if the fruit is safe for you especially if you are taking some prescribed medications. Since it can interfere with different drugs such as antidepressants and narcotic pain relievers.