The most preferred and the most trusted remedy that is overly speculated throughout the internet is none other than coconut oil. Because of its amazing and remarkable benefits, it is used as hair oil for hundreds of years. Certain elements and properties in coconut oil help to keep your hair strong and nourished all the time. Before choosing coconut oil for your hair, it is necessary for you to know the minimal benefits of coconut oil for hair and skin.
Coconut oil is rich in minerals, carbohydrates, and vitamins that are required by the body. Because of its nutritional profile, it is not only limited to hair but coconut oil is also used to cook, as a supplement in cosmetics, soap, shampoo, etc. The points below listed are some of the benefits which make coconut oil special and ideal among other oils for hair growth.
Top 10 Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
10. Defeats Dandruff
- Fatty acids present in the coconut oil helps to fight against dandruff effectively than any other oil or shampoo.
- Due to the presence of antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, it removes the white flakes of fungus which causes dandruff.
- For a dry scalp, it acts as a moisturizer and reduces dryness thereby keeps you away from dandruff problems.
2. Promotes Hair Growth
- Coconut oil has the characteristics to penetrate itself into the scalp to promote hair growth.
- Regular use of coconut oil to your hair and scalp will aid in hair growth.
3. Provides Nutrition
- Coconut oil helps in having a healthy scalp by providing proper amounts of nutrition that are required by your hair.
- Some of the vitamins like E & K are exclusively found in coconut oil that makes hair grow stronger.
- The lauric acid that is present in the coconut oil helps to prevent the loss of protein content in the hair than most of the oils and shampoos.
- The more protein content in your hair the stronger it will be.
4. Promotes Blood Circulation Under Scalp
- Since coconut oil has penetrating properties, it can easily enter into the hair follicles. It can provide adequate amounts of oxygen, proteins, and nutrients to increase blood circulation.
- Apply coconut oil by massaging your scalp, it works even better.
- When blood circulation under the scalp increases eventually the hair follicles gets increases which promotes hair growth.
5. Strengthens Your Hair
- The content of proteins and nutrients in coconut oil like vitamin K, vitamin E, and Iron will strengthen your hair.
- It keeps the roots of your hair healthy and strong to reduce hair fall.
6. Fights against bacteria and fungus
- By nature, coconut oil is anti-fungal and antibacterial.
- Coconut oil can fight against bacteria that cause itchiness and fungus that cause dandruff.
- Hence coconut oil acts as a natural defense against this hair and scalp damages. It also prevents further damages.
7. Acts as an excellent Shield
- Coconut oil when applied to hair serves as a shield to your hair. It repairs hair split ends and provides you the healthy hair.
- It also acts as the best lubricant when your hair is exposed to direct sunlight and cold in winter.
- For those people who have dry scalp, coconut oil is the best remedy to keep their scalp moist all the time.
8. Natural Hair Detangler
- It will be a mess and battle for those people who deal with long and curly hairs. Now the solution here is you can add coconut oil to detangle your hair easily in no time.
- It also keeps the hair smooth and silk all day long without forming any tangles.
- Before or after wash with coconut oil will also help your scalp stay healthy.
9. Acts As A Great Conditioner
- Due to the presence of smaller to medium fatty acids in coconut oil, it works as the best conditioner to all types of hair than other hair conditioners.
- Adding few drops of coconut oil to your shampoo while washing your scalp works even better than using any of the conditioners.
10. Cooling Properties
- For people who suffer from scalp sweating coconut oil helps to reduce the heat on the scalp.
- Apply few drops of coconut oil on the center of your head to reduce the excess heat to have a cooling effect.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
- Heat the oil Slightly warm up the oil. If required, you can add olive oil or castor oil to coconut oil and slightly heat it up. Let it cool down to apply.
- Massage Now apply the oil to your scalp.
Massage the oil on your scalp, so that the hair follicles will absorb it directly. But is coconut oil good for you in the long run, yes, use it regularly and you will see the results.
This helps in improving the blood circulation of the scalp under the hair follicles which promotes hair growth.
- Cover (optional) It is optional to cover up your head with a towel.
Else make a bun with your hair and let it stay for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it off
It is always advisable to wash your scalp with a mild shampoo or a chemical free shampoo.
If you follow this regularly 3-4 times a week you can see the difference with your own eyes.
Also, there are huge number of benefits of coconut oil on skin everyday use.
Research has found that coconut oil may be just what your skin needs. Its benefits include:
- reducing inflammation faster
- stopping the damage caused by free radicals elements
- helping to prevent infection
Now that you have learned some of the advantages and benefits of coconut oil for hair growth, what else? Start following the procedure with the instructions we discussed here and make your hair grow faster and healthier.
Senior Writer, has been with Rottenpanda.com since 2017. With a bachelor’s degree in communications, Nick specializes in finding interesting topics, gathering details, checking facts, and making complex subjects easy to understand. In addition to writing articles, Nick loves traveling, pets and happily married to Lucy.