When it comes to fashionable footwear, white Vans are a time-honored style that can complement any ensemble, creating a cool and casual look. White Vans are versatile wardrobe staples but cleaning can be difficult because these shoes are so susceptible to staining and discoloration. So, how to clean white vans? – To keep your shoes pristine, you should clean them regularly without risking damage to their material – this means you should clean them with special care!
Whether you have a canvas, leather, suede, or slip-on footwear there are many ways to clean your white Vans. Some people will want to wash their canvas vans with detergent while others may prefer to rub baking soda onto the shoes and rub naturally before applying a little bleach.
To help you, we’ve compiled a list of the best ways to clean white Vans. From baking soda and bleach to laundry detergent in the washing machine, explore the best ways to keep your white shoes clean by removing stains, mud, loose dirt, or excess dirt and scuff marks.
How To Clean White Vans
Most people machine wash their shoes that are made of fabric. However, there are several ways that will keep your canvas Vans looking like they’re brand new after trial and error. So, this guide on how to clean white vans can help you understand the importance of following the right way. Take a microfiber cloth or paper towel and dip it in warm, clean water or hot water. Squeeze out any excess water from the cloth. You can use one of these four expert solutions listed here to clean white canvas shoes at home before handing them off to professionals.
1. Mix Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide
2. Clean with Bleach
Bleach is an effective bleaching agent that can be used for this process of how to clean vans white. This chemically-based liquid should only be used with care and in a well-ventilated area since it’s very hazardous for your health and will affect you immediately when inhaled. However, bleach should not damage the shoes since it’s not waterproof, though it is recommended to use a non-bleach cleaner instead if possible.
Steps To Clean White Vans With Bleach
- One part bleach and five parts water can create a powerful cleaning solution.
- Don’t use too much bleach as you might risk turning your Vans yellow.
- Soak a tooth brush in the mixture and work to remove stains, scuff marks and dirt—scrubbing away to whiten fabric, but be careful not to damage the surface.
- Let your shoes dry overnight out of direct sunlight if they can still look dirty after this process has been completed repeat the same steps for a better outcome.
3. Try Using Magic Eraser
Magic Eraser is a superior cleaning product for white sneakers. It can help you remove stains and scuffs from dirty shoes, turning your Vans whites back to their original color. When exposed to water, this spongy material reacts by creating a foamy substance that becomes abrasive, cutting through dirt and trapping it within the foam itself for super-clean shoes every time. One more way to clean white leather vans if you own one. These are one of the best ways how to clean white shoes without affecting their quality.
Steps To Clean White Vans With Magic Eraser
- First, soak yourMagic Eraserin a mixture of 10 parts water and 1 part dish liquid to help cut through dirt, grime and stains.
- Be sure to work the melamine foam gently into your shoes.
- Make sure to take extra time cleaning any scuffs or stains, but not too aggressively; this will cause the Magic Erasers to shred.
- If your vans are extra dirty or soiled, combine some dish soap with water and clean them up with your Magic Eraser as usual!
- Stuff newspaper loosely inside each shoe to keep its form and prevent excess moisture from hurting the resole glue adhering all of the sole’s pieces together.
- The dryer will help dry out your shoes and make them feel as though they have been thoroughly cleaned after a sunny day spent wandering around town!
- This step is really important for long life.
4. Using Toothpaste
While more effective solutions exist, such as bleaches and rubbing alcohol, toothpaste can also help you clean white Vans. Simply apply non-gel white toothpaste to the area and scrub with a toothbrush. Let the area sit for 10 to 15 minutes before wiping clean with a damp cloth. Avoid whitening or gel toothpaste since they may contain additional harsh chemicals that damage or stain your shoe over time.
This is one more way oh how to clean white vans without spending a dime or time.
5. Clean with a Washing Machine
If you don’t have time to wash your entire shoes by hand, you can run them through the washing machine. Just make sure they’re on the right setting, or else they’ll get a little warped!
Steps To Clean White Vans In Washing Machine
- Make sure to remove as much dirt from your shoes with a soft-bristled brush (these can be found at most hardware stores or online).
- Spray your Vans with bleach, targeting any stains and marks that look like they might invade the rest of the shoe.
- Then run them through the delicate cycle or hand wash them in warm, soapy water. Once they’re clean and dry, spray or dip them into a stain-repellant.
6. Using Lemon Juice
Squeeze fresh lemon juice onto the stained areas of the shoes and let it sit for a few minutes. Scrub with a shoe brush or soft cloth, then rinse with water and allow the shoes to air dry. The citric acid in lemon juice helps to remove stains and brighten white shoes.
7. Using OxiClean
Following the about guide on how to clean white vans make sure that quality stands better and looks new as always. These steps not only helpful for the white canvas but also you can try with another kind of shoes as well to keep it clean and polished.
Leave your comment below if you have any tips on this one.
Content Marketing Manager, has been with Rottenpanda.com since 2020. Loves writing and reading ton of books. With a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Emily specializes in writing long contents, making videos and making complex subjects easy to understand. In addition to writing articles, Emily also a Poet writer, Dog lover and Love cars.