Women love to paint their nails with different colours and designs. Nail painting has become customary for most women and a staple in both professional and fashion world too. The trend of nail polish has become increasingly popular for all women of different ages. But when it comes to change, we really want to ungrade our look, especially Nails. So how to remove acrylic nail clipper at home without using acetone or any other chemicals.
No matter how old you are, you can enjoy getting creative with your nail paint. Before applying your nail colour, people often opt to paint their nails with acrylic nails because it will provide a perfect canvas for the application of nail colour. Knowing how to remove acrylic nails is also important so that you can take care of your nails better.
What Are Acrylic Nails?
Acrylic nails create a hard and protective layer to cover your natural nails from the harsh chemicals of nail colours. It is considered as a fake nail and can match the shape of your natural nail. It can even be added if you want your nail to become extended. Some people are also getting acrylic nails to give themselves stronger nails. However, this is not highly advisable because long-term use will weaken your natural nail.
Acrylic nail are made from a combination of powder polymer and liquid monomer. It is transparent and a nail polish is added after it is attached to your nails.Advantages vs Disadvantages Of Acrylic Nails
Before knowing the best way to remove acrylic nails, it is first important for us to understand what its advantages and disadvantages are so that we can weigh if we should remove it or not… or better yet, if we need to attach it at all.
- An acrylic nail will provide a canvas for the application of your nail color.
- It is hard and very tough.
- Acrylic nails last longer.
- It is easy to remove.
- Once broken, an acrylic nail can be easily fixed in the comfort of your own home.
- It is very convenient to use.
- Acrylic nails may damage your nail bed.
- If applied incorrectly, acrylic nails will look fake and unnatural compared to gel nails.
- You have to put up with the use of chemicals and fumes during the application process of acrylic nails.
How to remove acrylic nails at home?
If you want to remove acrylic nails, there are ways that you can do to remove them without the need for a salon visit (though this is necessary at times). You can follow these steps onhow to remove acrylic nails at home.
This first option is probably the how to remove acrylic nails at home easily because it is safer than option 2.
- Gather all materials and equipment needed:
Acetone nail polish remover
- Large bowl where you can soak your fingertips. Towels to dry your hands and cover your work area
- Old towels or ragsthat you can use to wipe away the acrylic nail fail and nail buffer having coarse and smooth sides
- Orange sticks to push back cuticle oil Moisturiser&Petroleumjelly. Cover your work are with a towel so that furniture and other surfaces will be protected from spills and nails with acetone damage.
- Place the bowl on top of the towel and pour enough acetone-free nail polish remover.Make sure that you pour enough acetone to soak all of your fingertips well.
- Apply petroleum jelly on all of your cuticle pusher and the tips of your fingers.However, leave your nails bare. The purpose of petroleum jelly is to protect your skin from the harmful chemicals found in the acetone-free nail polish removal process.
- Soak your fingertips in the bowl of acetone.If possible, only submerge your nails in the solution and not your entire finger to prevent damage to your skin.
- Soak for 20 minutes or until the excess acrylic gel had become soft and started to dissolve.
- Using the cuticle sticks, mildly scrape the acrylic that has softened. When you scrape, make sure that you do not scrape the surface of your natural nail. The acrylic gel may be gooey and sticky that it would require several repetitions of the soaking process and gentle scraping.
- Soak old towels or rags in acetone and use it to wipe off some of the acrylics.
- Once most of the acrylic is gone, wash and dry your hands with warm water. Air-dry your nails completely.
- If there are any remaining acrylic nails, use nail buffer to smooth them. Be careful in doing smoothening it so that your natural nail will not be damaged at all. There are some people who opt to leave this thin coat of acrylic as is so that they won’t nail damage while scraping.
- After everything is done, apply skin moisturizer to your hands so that it can soothe any forms of irritation.
This second option may not be the how to remove acrylic nails without acetone. It is done by two people and is not recommended for those with peeling or brittle nails. But how to get fake nails off, will be a despite the risk, it is still being used by some people to remove acrylic nails. This method on how to remove acrylic nails is actually faster than the first option
- Gather all materials and equipment needed:12in dental floss Metal nail file
- Position the metal nail file at the tip of the nail tech and use it to lift and give enough space for a piece of dental floss to slip in underneath.
- Wrap12in dental floss on both index fingers of the second person. Slip the floss underneath the space you created previously.
- Have the second person to gently pull the floss towards the end of your nail and begin sawing motion.The acrylic will be removed once the floor reaches the end.
You can try both options and choose which between them you are most comfortable with. Knowing these simple methods on removing acrylic nails at home is best to cut-off your nail salon expenses.
Senior Writer, has been with Rottenpanda.com since 2017. With a bachelor’s degree in communications, Nick specializes in finding interesting topics, gathering details, checking facts, and making complex subjects easy to understand. In addition to writing articles, Nick loves traveling, pets and happily married to Lucy.