In simple terms, the loose movement means is having watery stools that occur more frequently than usual. Also known as diarrhea, most people have experienced. It can be acute or chronic. This common problem occurs when foods and liquids we ingest start spending too quickly or too large an amount through the colon. Along with loose, watery stools frequently, you may even have symptoms such as abdominal cramps, abdominal pain, fever, swelling and weakness.
Due to having too frequent bowel movements, may also have itching, burning, pain, or pain in the rectal area.
There may be many reasons behind this sudden change in their depositions, including a viral infection, bacterial infection, parasitic attack, food poisoning, a side effect of antibiotics and lactose intolerance, to name a few. In most cases, the movement usually lasts a couple of days. However, if it continues for a week or more, it is important to consult a doctor.
It may be a sign of a serious digestive disorder. In addition, it can lead to dehydration and weakness, which is not good for your overall health. To reduce the frequency of loose motion and bring your bowel movements regularity, there are many simple and easy home remedies. If you want to read about natural abdominal pain relief, click here.
Home Remedies for Loose Motion
Yogurt is a good source of probiotic-strains of bacteria that are similar to the healthy bacteria normally found in your digestive system. These bacteria help restore the good bacteria in the gut. This in turn helps fight germs that cause diarrhea in your digestive tract.
A 2010 study published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews provides that, when used together with rehydration therapy, probiotics have beneficial effects in reducing the duration and reducing stool frequency in acute infectious diarrhea.
When it comes to probiotics for diarrhea, yogurt is the best choice. It promotes a healthy environment of microorganisms in the digestive tract for better digestion. Eat 2 to 3 cups of yogurt a day when suffering from loose motion.
2) Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a great remedy to stop the loose movement. This natural antibiotic helps cure diarrhea by killing the organisms that cause diarrhea in the intestine. Its high pectin content relieves irritated lining of the colon. It also helps maintain proper pH level in the stomach, which in turn helps restore regularity.
- Mix 1 to 2 tablespoons, filter vinegar raw apple cider in a glass of warm water.
- Add a little honey and stir.
- Drink 2 or 3 times a day until your condition improves.
Both green and ripe bananas can help treat diarrhea due to its pectin content. This water-soluble fiber helps absorb liquid in the intestines, which in turn helps to add bulk to the stool. Being rich in potassium, even it helps replace electrolytes can be lost during diarrhea.
A 2001 study published in Gastroenterology found that pectin green banana is useful in the dietary management of persistent diarrhea. You can reduce the amount of feces, vomiting frequency and duration of diarrhea, and reduce the need for oral rehydration solutions for intravenous fluids.
Another study 2012 published in the Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry also confirms that consumption of bananas is beneficial for people suffering from diarrhea.
- When it comes to loose motions, eating a ripe banana every few hours.
- You can even have ripe banana and yogurt smoothies, 2 or 3 times a day.
- Another option is steaming or boiling a raw banana, mash and then add a little lemon juice and a pinch of salt before eating.
According to traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, ginger is a good remedy for loose movement. It helps strengthen stomach muscles and reduce food stagnation. This in turn loose motion stops. Even it stimulates intestinal enzymes that promote good digestion. A 2007 study by the American Chemical Society reports that ginger can mortal kombat children bacteria-induced diarrhea in developing countries.
- Add 1 tablespoon minced ginger root 1 ½ cups water. Bring the water to a boil, cover and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Strain and drink this tea 2 or 3 times a day.
- Alternatively, mix 1 teaspoon dried ginger powder, cumin powder, cinnamon powder and honey and have 2 or 3 times a day.
Note: People who suffer from high blood pressure should avoid ginger in large quantities.
Another effective remedy is your spice – turmeric. Antibiotic nature helps fight bacteria that cause this annoying problem. This spice can even help keep your system running properly. A 2004 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine reports that turmeric may improve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Diarrhea is one of the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Mix ½ teaspoon turmeric powder in a glass of warm water. Mix well and drink fast, because dust tends to settle quickly at the bottom. Drinking this 2 or 3 times a day.
- Alternatively, add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder 1 tablespoon of applesauce or yogurt. Take this 2 or 3 times a day.
Cinnamon is also effective in treating various gastrointestinal problems including loose motion. It has powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties that will destroy the harmful organisms in the stomach that cause diarrhea. Even it stimulates digestive enzymes that help move things smoothly along the digestive tract.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger in a cup of boiling water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Drink this tea 2 or 3 times a day.
- Alternatively, add ½ teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon honey to a glass of warm water. Mix well. Drink 3 times a day.
- You can also sprinkle a little cinnamon in a banana or applesauce or yogurt before eating to get even more benefits.
Chamomile has anti-diarrheal effects, so it is good for the treatment of loose motion. It helps the digestive system function properly. It also has antispasmodic properties that help reduce abdominal cramps and pain.
- Add 1 teaspoon dried chamomile flowers and mint leaves in a cup of hot water. Let it steeo for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink the tea at least 2 or 3 times a day.
- You can also use chamomile tea bags prepacked tea.
The Granada is another traditional remedy for diarrhea. It provides the body with antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial benefits and it prevents harmful bacteria from sticking to the lining of the stomach lining, thereby avoiding the loose movement become chronic. It can even help reduce nausea, vomiting and lack of appetite.
- Drink one to two glasses of fresh juice Granada throughout the day.
- Put a handful of dried Granada shells in a cup of water. Bring to a boil, then let stand for 15 minutes. Strain and drink this liquid in small amounts throughout the day.
9) Eat Starchy Foods
Although you may not want to eat when suffering from loose motion, it is important to refuel your body with the right foods. Include starchy foods in your diet for a couple of days to help you feel better quickly. Your body absorbs nutrients from starchy foods relatively quickly. In addition, these foods add weight to the stool. Some of the best starchy foods are grain white rice, tapioca, boiled potatoes, cooked or pre-cooked carrots and applesauce. This one of the best Natural Home Remedies for Loose Motion relief.
A 2003 study published in Pediatrics and Child Health found modified tapioca starch and banana flour to be useful to oral rehydration solutions to shorten the recovery period of diarrhea disease in children supplements.
10) Stay Hydrated
When suffering from loose motions, there is a high probability of becoming severe dehydration. Therefore, it is important to take steps to stay hydrated, since even mild dehydration can worsen your condition measures.
- Sip boiled or filtered water throughout the day. If you leave, do not forget to bring your own water bottle.
- also helps maintain hydration when the loose movement is experienced.
- Drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea is also beneficial.
- You can also drink juices without pulp, clear chicken broth and soft drinks without caffeine.
- electrolyte powder mixed with water is another good option.
Additional Tips: Home Remedies for Loose Motion
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol, as it can lead to dehydration and worsen your condition.
- For a few days, stick to the semi-solid and low in fiber such as crackers, toast, rice and food. You can also eat custard powder mixed with water.
- Do not eat dairy products, fatty foods, high fiber foods or spicy foods for a few days.
- Wash your hands frequently to prevent viral and bacterial infections.
- Do not eat until their condition improves. Prepare food at home and hygienically. Serve foods immediately after preparation and store leftovers in the refrigerator.