Acne is a problem that affects almost 90% people. Most common among teenagers, it disturbs the oil glands present in the skin. There are tiny pores in the skin called follicles which are further joined with the oil glands present under the skin. These follicles have oil which consists of dead cells of the skin which are passed on the surface of the skin. It case this does not happen, it leads to blockage in the follicle and further leading to occurrence of acne.
It is also caused due to hormonal imbalance due to which it is more common during puberty but fades as years go by.
Stress, irregular lifestyle, genetic and psychological disorders are other reasons for their occurrence of acne. But, there are various home remedies for acne which help in treating and preventing this problem.
Natural Home Remedies for Acne
1. Home Remedies for Acne using Orange
There is an anti-oxidant present in orange which prevents the skin from ageing and is a good natural remedy for acne. Orange peel is extremely beneficial for exfoliation and therefore, for natural treatment for acne. Citrus acid present in the orange helps in the removal of dead cells present on the surface of the skin.
Treatment for Acne with Orange:
Orange is helpful in water retention and helps in the toning up of the body and the skin. It is full of fiber, anti oxidants, vitamins and minerals which promote the overall health.
Grind the peel of the orange and add some water in it for making a paste out of it. Then apply it on the areas affected by acne for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water.
2. Home Remedies for Acne using Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is helpful in delaying the ageing process of the skin. The effect of aloe vera is more noticeable also because it has the ability to help the replenishing of skin cells as the replacement of old skin cells with the new skin cells is a continuous process. This makes the skin look healthy giving it a natural shine along with decreasing and even preventing the occurrence of acne. It also helps in dealing with pigmentation.
Aloe Vera Home Remedies for Acne:
Aloe vera in the form of gel or spray is beneficial for joint pains. It helps in the digestive process of our body and strengthens the immune system. It is also helpful in decreasing the cholesterol level in the body. Therefore, it should be essentially included in diet for acne in order to avoid its occurrence.
Simply apply the gel which comes out of the aloe vera leaves on your face twice a day.
Consumption of 30-40 ml. aloe vera juice daily in the morning with an empty stomach helps in prevention of acne. It is advisable to have it in a pre-packaged rather than extracting juice in raw form.
Applying a mixture of aloe vera gel and rosewater is also a useful home remedy for acne.
3. Treatment for Acne using Mint
Mint is extremely helpful in toning of the skin and closing the open pores present on it. This helps in avoiding accumulation of dirt in these pores and emergence of acne. It also strengthens the tissues of the skin and reducing oiliness.
Mint as a Treatment for Acne:
Mint reduces acidity and aids digestion. It increases stamina, helps in reduction of excessive heat in the body and cures cold and cough. It also acts as a stimulant for the central nervous system.
Apply fresh mint juice; preferably refrigerated all over the face with the help of cotton ball at night before sleeping and it will help is also a good acne remedy.
Coriander is rich in anti oxidants which make the skin free from acne. It detoxifies the skin freeing it from the occurrence of blackheads and acne.
4. Treatment for Acne using Coriander
Coriander facilitates digestion, reduces fever, nausea and diarrhea. It is also helpful in reduction swelling or pain. It consists of various vitamins and minerals like iron, vitamin A, C, B1 and B2. Intake of coriander water reduces the level of cholesterol.
Coriander Home Remedies for Acne:
A mixture of coriander juice and turmeric powder, if applied on the face brings about a speedy reduction in pimples and blackheads. It should be applied after washing face at night.
Applying coriander juice on the face before sleeping also helps is also an effective home remedy for acne.
5. Natural Remedies for Acne using Lemon
Lemon helps in softening and smoothing of the skin. The skin of lemon if rubbed on the skin can be extremely beneficial in the treatment for acne. It is also helpful in reducing pigmentation and application on relatively darker areas of the skin is a good option.
Treatment for Acne:
Being a citrus fruit, it is abundant in vitamin C. Lemon helps in raising the energy levels, digestion and muscular strength. The biggest benefit of lemon is that it helps in weight loss. It cleanses the toxins in the body.
Rub lemon on your skin before sleeping at night for reducing blackheads which are major cause for the occurrence of acne. Continue this process until blackheads disappear. This helps in removal of dead cells as well.
Mix lemon juice and cinnamon powder, 1 tsp. each and apply on your skin. This remedy is not recommended for sensitive skin.
For the purpose of a toner, make a mixture of lemon juice and vodka 2 tsp. each and 1tsp. of water. Refrigerate this mixture and apply it on the face with a cotton ball and rinse off after 15 minutes.
Apply a mixture of lemon juice and rose water on the face with the help of a cotton ball, twice a day.
6. Home Remedies for Acne using Cucumber
Cucumber strengthens our connective tissues and it works as a good astringent for the skin. The benefit of cucumber is its role as a toner which helps in sealing of open pores in the skin which cause acne. It contains silica which enhances the health of the skin.
Cucumber includes various natural salts, vitamins and enzymes which are required for the growth and repair of cells. The peel of cucumber is abundant in minerals and anti oxidants. If included in the diet, it cleanses the body from toxins.
Cucumber as a Natural Cure for Acne:
Applying ripe tomato juice along with cucumber juice on the skin is an easy herbal remedy for acne. Rinse after 1 hour.
Make a paste of cucumber and apply on the affected area. Rinse it with cold water after 30 minutes.
Mix cucumber and carrot juice and apply on the face. Rinse it after 30 minutes.
Read more: 10 Best Speedy Hair and Makeup Tricks!
Other Herbal Home Remedies for Acne
- Apply a mixture of a few drops of lemon juice, 1 tsp. of yogurt, oatmeal and sour cream. Rinse it after 20 minutes. This paste is good natural treatment for acne.
- Apply a mixture of groundnut oil and lime juice 1 tsp. each and apply on the occurrence of acne.
- Massage a mixture of almonds and honey on the skin and rinse it off after 15 minutes.
- Make a paste of fenugreek leaves and apply it on the face before going to bed. Rinse it off with cold water in the morning. These leaves are a great source of homemade acne remedies and blackheads.
- Mix cinnamon powder and honey into a paste and apply on the face and leave it overnight. Wash it in the morning. Continue this process for about 20 days.
- Make a paste of mashed apple, egg white, lime juice and oatmeal and apply on your face for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
- Vinegar is a good remedy for acne. Just dab some apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball and apply it on the skin before sleeping at night. Wash it off in the morning. It balances the pH level of the skin.
- Make a mixture of sandalwood and rosewater and leave on the face for 1 hour. Rinse it with cold water. It is a useful home remedy for acne.
- Lukewarm salt water helps in freeing the skin from dirt and oil which are a cause for the emergence of acne. Splashing your face with salt water before washing it with cold water will do the trick.
- Make a mixture of glycerin, rose water and vinegar and refrigerate it for some time. Then put some mixture on a cotton wool and apply it on the face for 30 minutes. All of these components are good natural cures for acne.
- Wash your face gently. Avoid rubbing it when you pat it dry.
- Take optimum precautions when under sun.
- Avoid touching your face with dirty hands.
- Avoid popping your pimples on your own as this leaves behind a mark.
- Eat less oily and fatty foods. Include adequate amount of healthy fruits and vegetable in your diet.
- Apply egg yolk for 20 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- Take steam while covering your head with a towel. Repeat this twice every week and splash your face with cold water after this.